A new Team
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 23:14
A new team has taken control,
TEDxTilburgUniversity is headed towards new hights.
Last year our predecessors took a huge step starting TEDxTilburgUniversity. A great session with phenomenal speakers put together by a superb crew.
And let us assure you: Edition 2013/2014 will top that.
More information will be coming, so keep an eye out: You don't want to miss it!
TEDxTalks posted on Youtube
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 15:19
Finally all of our videos have been uploaded onto the TEDx Youtube channel. Some of them are watched for over a couple of hundreds times already. The TEDxTilburgUniversity talks playlist with all video's in an organized list can be found via this link.
The TEDx-talks of the other 11 stunning speakers can be found on the speaker page. Here is a example of Eric Postma.
- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 14:13
The day after!
- Published on Thursday, 01 November 2012 17:11
What a blast! October 31st 2012 will go down in history as an amazing day. We had 13 speakers on stage and each and every one of them were passionately spreading their idea.
The result of this day was an audience of 100 visitors that were inspired by our speakers.
- Eric Postma - A digital eye on non-verbal expressions
- Dirk van der Veen - Will e-health be the solution against rising health costs? Dirk thinks so!
- Marco van Beers - How intimate communication can help us to sustain relationships
- Tim van Cromvoirt - He showed us how his interests in biology and technology inspire him to create art, he even put some of his art on stage
- Sander Duivestein - Technology is such a part of our lives that we even use it while we sleep
- Ton Wilthagen - We should focus on our competences, and share this via new technologies
- Hille van der Kaa - Thanks to social media, everybody can be a journalist
- Geert Mul - He showed us how databases can be turned into art
- Ned McGowan & Susanna Borsch - Digital music at your fingertips
- Maurits Kaptein - How can I sell you a shitty book?
- Will Robben - We don’t mind sharing beaches or roads, so let’s all start sharing things we don’t use!
- Yori Kamphuis - He scared us with the dangers of printing DNA, fortunately it can prevent diseases as well
The TEDxTilburgUniversity crew would like to thank our advisory board, Academic forum, LIS, our partners and all volunteers that helped us to turn TEDxTilburgUniversity into an amazing experience.
- Published on Monday, 29 October 2012 16:59
October status update
- Published on Tuesday, 23 October 2012 17:30
The last two months were quite an unstable rush of continuous speaker and committee meetings. Despite the fact that one of our committee members was in Laos and its regions, we made huge progress this month. Many of the TEDxTilburgUniversity enthusiasts follow us on both Facebook and Twitter, so they have seen all our speaker announcements.
Nevertheless, also things at the 'backend' of the program took shape, like the catering and the design of the stage. We've consulted with a couple of experts on the area of lighting and streaming. This resulted in an stage-plan. We can tell you, the Tilburg University auditorium looks quite nice in TEDx-red.
The ticket registration closed on October 11. Since our event may only hold 100 visitors we had to make a selection based on motivation. The bright side of the story, we have a really motivated audience! For those people who were not selected, or who could not attend the event the entire day, we ourselves have a livestream location available in the Blackbox at the Esplanade Building. If you are not able to visit the Blackbox, you can go to one of the other streaming locations from the list. No registration needed, just walk in and enjoy the TEDx-talks!
Another thing we are quite proud at are our speaker-days. On both Tuesday 16th and Thursday 18th of October we gathered with most of our speakers at the Blackbox. Led by Sander Datema we transformed all the presentations in real TED-worthy-talks. Those two days gave us enough energy to complete the rest of our journey until October 31!
- Published on Sunday, 26 February 2012 23:38
‘Refreshing Our Information Society’
The aim of the information society is to gain competitive advantage internationally through the use of IT in a creative and productive way. An information society is a society in which the creation, distribution, diffusion, use, integration and manipulation of information is a significant economic, political, and cultural activity.
The theme of TEDxTilburgUniversity is ‘Refreshing Our Information Society’. This will keep pace with rapid changes taking place in our information society. Standing front speakers will go deeper in fact on why our society is constantly evolving with new technologies, viewpoints and thoughts.